Rank the following fats from most healthy to least healthy – Saturated fat, Polysatured fat, Monosaturated fat, Trans fat
How do you measure portion control with your lifestyle?
When eating out
- Choose a regular hamburger at your favorite fast food stop instead of the larger burger, and save about 150 calories.
- Have the small fries instead of the super-sized and save about 300 calories.
- Order the small soda. It has about 150 fewer calories than the large one.
- Share an entrée with a friend when you go to a restaurant.
- Ask for half your meal to be packed for you and eat it for lunch the next day.
- Don’t “eat from the bag.” When snacking, place a few chips, crackers or cookies in a bowl to help prevent overeating.
- Buy single portions of snack foods so you’re not tempted by the whole bag or box.
- Like butter and sour cream on your baked potato? Mayonnaise and cheese on your sandwich?
- Cream cheese on your bagel? Use half the amount you usually do — and save even more calories by using lower-fat varieties.