If you have been around Way 2 Good Life for a while, you might remember me talking about the importance of snacking. To keep your body balanced, you need to eat 5-6 times a day, and this count includes snacks. I know on my own experience, if I don’t snack at 3 pm, I am starving by 5 and will eat way too much by the time I get to the dinner table. If I keep fueling my body with food, I am in a much nicer mood and don’t attempt to eat more then I have to.
But not all snacks are created equal. Do you know that the average American eats almost 25% of their calories from snacking? In fact, snacking is the leading cause of childhood obesity.
So, let’s talk snacks. The science of it is very simple – open your eyes and start reading labels. Despite what supermarkets want you to know, just because it’s in a snack isle, it doesn’t mean it’s snack worthy.
Here is what you need to look for when reading labels. To be exact, here is what you need to make sure is NOT in your snacks
- High Fructose Corn Syrop
- Hydrogenated Oil
- Trans Fats
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Artificial Colors and Flavors
Unfortunately in a lot of cases manufacturers don’t make it easy for us to find the information we are looking for. I have spent so much time at the stores and online looking through the labels, it’s insane.
NatureBox helps you eat healthier without needing to change your eating habits. They focus on snacks and labels for you. NatureBox helps you get more out of your day without wasting calories on the bad stuff. Each month, your box will include 15 to 20 servings across 4 to 6 different NatureBox snacks. You can trust that the products sent to you will be made from the most wholesome ingredients and will be minimally processed, if at all. Different month – different box.
Here is what my May box included:
- Masa Crisps – salty and works great for 3 pm hunger
- Cinnamon Spiced Almonds - spiced cinnamon with California grown almonds and add a touch of honey.
- Tropical Trail Mix – natural boost that coffee can’t dream of. The rainbow of tropical fruits will keep your blood sugar up long after you would have finished that 3PM latte to give you peace of mind through the day.
- Honey Nut Medley – sweet tooth cure, it is delicious and won’t undo you good diet.
- Agave Citrus Granola - This soft-baked granola is unlike anything you’ve sunk your teeth into- literally! Sweetened with agave and gently mixed with tart cranberries and orange zest to bring you peace of mind from the moment you open the bag.
I have to also add that I am very impressed with the look of the packaging – from the box itself to the individual bags it looks so great, it could be a great gift, if I was to give somebody my May box or give a whole year subscription to someone I love and care about.
Come back here July 4-18 and enter to win July Box ($19.95 value)