This list of 25 Things To Do Outside For Summer Fun is a great place to start when you are working on keeping within a budget. Long summer days often leave us, as parents, struggling to come up with something fun to do together. There are only so many trips to the pool and library you can manage. That means you need fun and inexpensive ideas for use at home. This list gives you a great start!
25 Things To Do Outside For Summer Fun
Before you get started creating these great ideas for things to do outside, grab basic supplies to have on hand. I recommend having pool noodles, a garden hose, sidewalk chalk, bubble solution, and even some paint. Stocking your supply closet for outside summer fun is a must. I love the idea of keeping kids playing outside instead of always being inside watching TV or playing video games. This list has tons of amazing ideas!
- Ladybug Painted Rocks from Crafts by Amanda
- Kiddie Pool Star Gazing from Crafty Morning
- Glow in the Dark Bubble Fun from Growing A Jeweled Rose
- DIY Sand Picnic Table from Welke
- Cheap Homemade Sprinkler from Ziggity Zoom
- DIY Sandbox The Homes I Have Made
- DIY Kiddie Car Wash from Crafty Morning
- Squirt Gun Painting from Fireflies and MudPies
- Water Balloon Pinatas from Milk Allergy Mom
- Slackline Zipline from Bring The Kids
- Rope Bridge from Let The Children Play
- DIY Mini Golf Course from EHow
- Angry Birds Yard Game from Alabama.com
- Homemade Outdoor Twister from Sassy Style Redesign
- DIY Obstacle Course from Queen of the Theme Party Games
- Box Car Drive In Movie from Crafty Moods
- Glow in the Dark Bowling from Growing A Jeweled Rose
- Giant Bubbles from Pintester
- Build a Fairy Garden from Curly Crafty Mom
- Kick Croquet Game from Chasing Fireflies
- Inflatable Pool Fountain from EHow
- Build your Own Swimming Pool from Goods Home Design
- DIY Yard Yahtzee from The Pinning Mama
- Giant Jenga from A Beautiful Mess
- DIY Water Wall from Tinker Lab
If your kids are clamoring for some fun things to do outside, you have great ideas in this post to start. We love the idea of playing big games in the front yard, but anything with bubbles and water is always a hit for our family. Preparing your kids for fun outside all summer long is easy. Start creating some of these great ideas, and set up a play area outside for your kids.
Work this summer on building your children’s imagination while keeping them busy outside in the sunshine. These fun ideas of things to do outside are a great place to begin but don’t forget to build upon them with things like trips to the park, to the zoo, and nature walks along with them. Building your children’s sense of adventure by getting outside and being active is a must.