Any time I hear a “mud run”, I picture a group of men (hopefully in a good physical shape) running in a rain through the mud. I am not sure what exactly is a purpose of my imaginary run, but I hope everyone makes it ok. For some reason I can’t picture a fat lady (no disrespect – I am talking about myself) climbing a wall or run to the finish line with a victory roar.
However, I got to produce my own victory roar few days ago at the end of the Pretty Muddy obstacle run.
Why Pretty Muddy?
Do you have a friend who did a mud run (or a friend of a friend maybe?) Do you ever wish that you can just sit and splash in a mud for just five minutes (while your family is not looking, of course)? Look no more – the Pretty Muddy is a mud obstacle course for women designed to be fun and get you incredibly dirty.
What is Pretty Muddy?
It’s 5K (3.1 miles) adventures obstacle course for women of any age or physical shape. And yes, it is only for women.
My personal observations after completing the obstacle course in Orland Park, IL on September 15, 2012
This is what the Mud Run is about:
- an hour (or more away from you family)
- legitimate reason to get dirty
- challenging yourself to do something crazy
- Proving to yourself that you can complete a physical activity from start to finish
- Good reason to dress up and look fun
- Great excuse to get rid of running shoes, and awesome reason to shop for new ones
Keep in Mind
- you CAN un-challenge yourself by walking around the obstacle if you don’t feel up to the part
- You DON’T have to get muddy if you don’t want to
- You don’t have to run – you CAN just walk (I did)