Camping meals used to mean hot dogs on a stick and smores. These Foil Packet Meals are ideal for camping while giving you a little upscale option! No more cold cut sandwiches or hot dogs for your family! Make some of these yummy and easy meals on an open fire instead!
20 Foil Packet Meals for Your Camping Trip
Now that we’ve matured and our taste buds have as well, we’re looking to take our campfire expeditions up a notch. You don’t have to pack your entire pantry for diverse meals! Simple ingredients, seasonings, and a package of aluminum foil are all you need!
- Foil Packet Sweet Potato Tacos from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- Shrimp Boil Foil Packets from Damn Delicious
- Lemon Chicken and Potatoes in Foil from Damn Delicious
- Easy Baked Shrimp Foil Packets from See Vanessa Craft
- Grilled Chicken Fajita Foil Packet from Real Housemoms
- Garlic Sausage and Asparagus Packet from Kleinworth & Company
- Grilled Lime Coconut Shrimp Packet from Domestic Superhero
- Hawaiian Pork Walking Taco from The Gunny Sack
- Easy Salmon and Potato Foil Packets from Averie Cooks
- Grilled Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken in Foil from The Recipe Critic
- Sriracha Honey Salmon and Veggie Packets from Running to the Kitchen
- Loaded Nachos on the Grill Packets from Passion for Savings
- Southwest Chicken Foil Packet from Everyday Dishes
- Campfire Mexican Street corn from Saving Money Camping
- Camping Mac and Cheese from Lauren’s Latest
- BBQ Chicken Foil Packets from Life in the Lofthouse
- Grilled Shrimp in Packets from Today’s Creative Life
- Campfire S’mores Granola from The Big Man’s World
- Fish Vegetable Packets from The Live Fit Girls
- Easy Tin Foil Sausage and Veggies from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Foil packet meals are going to be your new go-to camping meal options! I love that this isn’t just about your classic entree, but some fun side dishes and even dessert options are on this list! You and your family will enjoy delicious foods without a ton of fuss!
Foil Packet Meals Tips
Making foil packet meals may sound easy, but when you are camping juggling everything can be tough. Here are some of my top tips for making it easy to manage while also being relaxed and fun.
- Use aluminum foil sheets instead of rolls. This makes it easy to make individual portions without needing extra plates. It also helps keep things clean and less messy.
- Use a grill basket or grill mat to keep food off of the campsite grills if you are worried about their cleanliness.
- Invest in quality long grilling tongs that are long enough to remove your foil packet meals from the fire without risk of getting burned.
Plan your camping menu around these great foil packet meals to keep your next camping trip easy to manage with delicious food on hand!