2/9 Week of creating a healthier version of you in 300 words or less
5 points to embed into your brain today to keep you going through temptations and help you become a healthier person
Here is a really good reason you should NOT commit to a healthy lifestyle – you have to get proactive. You know once you start drinking 8-10 cups of water a day, you will have to do it every day. By going for a 30 minute walk, you are actually committing to a life full of 30 minute walks. By skipping your first desert and avoiding your first fatty dip, you are saying no to a thousand of desserts and cases tons of dip.
You know why you want to do – you want to be healthy and happy. So how do you keep our eyes on the long-term goal and not get side-tracked by “It’s just a cookie” and “Ketchup is a vegetable, right?”
So here are my 5 points for the week:
- Instead of looking forward to the faraway image of yourself in your ideal weight, look forward to the dress that is a size too small. Take a picture of it and keep it on your phone. If you want it bad enough, it will happen
- You know which healthy food makes you happy. Pre-cut it and keep it in the fridge. When the craving hits, go for it – it’s your defense plan.
- Make your defense food a quality food. Nobody craves carrots or cucumbers, so if you put carrots and cucumbers on your defense plate, supplement it with delicious almond butter or something else healthy yet good.
- Treat your body nice every day. You bought that lotion for a reason. There is no better way of saying Thank You to your body, than we caring.
- Celebrate Victories. No, a piece of cheesecake does not qualify as a celebratory food. Find what else makes you happy. Plan your rewards in advance and go for it.