This post is sponsored by Spot Shot® Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Remover
but the Clean up the Halloween Mess ideas are all ours.
What part of Halloween are you looking forward to? Is it sneaking into your kids’ candy buckets? Walking around the neighborhood and seeing how cute all of the kids are in their costumes? Or, is it the Halloween party? I don’t even have to ask, but I know that Halloween cleanup isn’t on your list of fun things to do. Halloween celebrations are always a lot of fun, but also create a lot of mess. With a trusty Spot Shot aerosol can at hand and the powerful knowledge of how to keep your house clean on Halloween night, you can be saved a world of frustration later on.
Little Known Ways of Cleaning Halloween Messes
The most common messes that happen after a Halloween party that I have noticed is a lot of spilled drinks and the occasional food mess, because, well there are a lot of snacks consumed on Halloween, of course! It’s such a fun time though, you can’t put too much stress on the mess that happens during Halloween. Remember how much you loved Halloween growing up!
Tips Every Mom Should Follow
Here are some of the funniest tips I’ve ever heard on how to clean your house on Halloween night:
- Follow everyone around with a pumpkin bucket to pick up their candy wrappers as they are finished.
- Be sure to wear a janitor’s costume, complete with a mop and broom to clean up messes as they happen.
- Ban all glitter. Yeah, you might be named the wicked witch once you ban the glitter, but you know as well as I do that glitter is a nightmare that just keeps revisiting. JUST SAY NO TO GLITTER!
- Cones for everyone! No, not ice cream cones, but the Elizabethan collar, or pet cones if you will. This is perhaps the only way to keep Halloween makeup off of clothing and furniture.
To be serious for a minute
Okay, now that we got the funny tips out of the way, here are some of the best tips that I have heard on how to clean your house on Halloween night:
- Wipe up stains as soon as you see them. The earlier you clean up a spill or mess, the easier the stain will come out.
- Keep a trusty cleaner, such as Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover on hand to get to messes as soon as you see them.
Spot Shot instantly eliminates the toughest carpet stains – even the old ones! I have used it on pet stains, spaghetti sauce, and mystery spots that one day appeared in the living room! Just spray on Spot Shot and blot the stain away. It’s that simple!
- Keep a clean, wet sponge handy. Yes, paper towels are always handy, but many messes clean up best with a clean wet sponge.
- Keep baby wipes on hand. Baby wipes are great for cleaning up Halloween makeup smears and drips. Keep a pack on hand to help clean up the kids before it starts dripping onto your furniture or other surfaces.
Here is the reality though, with kids and adults being in costume, people at the door non-stop for trick or treating and people coming and going for other Halloween festivities it can be hard for them to clean up after themselves and harder for you to keep track of who’s coming and who’s going and what messes are made where.
Spot Shot aerosol formula has been approved by the Carpet and Rug Institute for product performance with Anti-Resoiling agents protect the carpet. It features odor eliminators that help to absorb and neutralize odors – no matter what it is.
You know what though? It doesn’t even matter, you need to be having fun too. You shouldn’t be spending the entire night worrying about cleaning, save it for after the party!
You can find Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover online and in stores nationwide. such as Walmart. To find a store near you, or online, you can use their handy “where to buy tool“. You can also grab a coupon to get $1 off Spot Shot!
Be sure to follow the Stain Fighting Community on Facebook for more cleaning tips on keeping your home stain free!