What are you looking for when picking a good protein bar. I don’t believe in meal replacement. I think nothing can replaced a balanced meal. But I do believe in healthy snacks and great fuel bars for long bike rides.
Good Green bars are not only highly nutritious, but taste so good you may mistake one for a candy bar! The delicious taste of Good Greens bars coincides with an abundant amount of benefits packed into a tasty bar. Not only do Good Green bars provide 100% of your daily needed intake of fruits and vegetables, is a fusion of 52 dehydrated superfoods and herbs which serve 40 antioxidants, fatty acid omega-3, and 3 different types of probiotics, which offer support to healthy skin and your immune system. These benefits allow any human being to maintain a healthy body and fulfilled lifestyle.
What is so good about this bar?
- Gluten FREE
- Contain three different types of probiotics (Lactobacillus Group, Bifidobacterium, and Streptococcus Salivarius) supplying your body with the boost it needs to keep feeling great.
I was sent some samples of Good Green bars and I absolutely love them. Here are three ways I can use these bars:
My bike ride is on average 20 miles long. I can’t possibly make it through the whole way without a snack. This is the time when I can’t just have any bar – it has to be a good one. 12 grams of protein, 14 grams of sugar, 195 calories is a snack that would give me enough fuel to pedal 10 miles.
Just in case snack:
I have one in my purse just in case of a long business meeting. Even after getting out of work, I still have to get the kids, bring them home and feed them, before I can satisfy my own hunger. A bar like this will ensure that I don’t snack on junk food.
My life is even more hectic on weekends. I get carried away trying to get kids ready for activities, I sometimes don’t realize I forgot to eat until I am in the car pulling off my driveway.
On-the-Go family snack
Here are two scenarios:
Two weeks ago my Saturday was crazy busy and I didn’t realize what time it was until my kids screamed they were hungry. The only place around – Dunkin Donuts. My kids split a grilled cheese sandwich (two slices of American cheese and one slice of white cheddar cheese sandwiched between two thick slices of Texas toast.)
Each of kids consumed
- Calories – 260
- Fat – 15 g
- Sodium – 470 mg
- Carbs – 20g
- Protein – 9g
What they actually ate:
- Grilled Toast:
- High Fructose Corn Syrup,
- Soybean Oil,
- Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Mono and Diglycerides, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Peroxide),
- Along with Calcium Propionate, Corn Flour, Spice and Coloring, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Yeast Nutrients, Pan and Grill Oil (Soybean, Palm, Soy, Beta Carotene, Artificial Butter Flavor, TBHQ and Citric Acid);
- American Cheese: Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes, Water, Dry Cream, Milkfat, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Sorbic Acid, Annatto and Oleoresin Paprika Color, Soy Lecithin;
- Sharp White Cheddar Cheese: Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes.
A week ago I was running late to leave the house and the kids didn’t get their afternoon snacks. Good Greens sent me some bite size bars I gave to kids, but I really don’t mind splitting a bar between the 2 year old and 4 year old
Each of kids consumed:
- Calories – 100
- Fat – 4.5 g
- Sodium – 32 mg
- Carbs – 24 g
- Protein – 6 g
What they actually ate:
- Dairy Free Dark Chocolate,
- Fruitrim (R) (Fruit Juices, Natural Grain Dextrins),
- Sunflower Butter,
- Coconut, Z52 Superfood Powder [Proprietary Blend of WholeFood: Spurlina*, Barley Grass*, Chorella, Wheat Grass Juice*, Wheat Sprout* , Nori (Seaweed), Acai Berry, Green Tea Extract, White Tea, Spinach* Dulse, Carrots* Broccoli Sprout*, Parsley*, Alfallfa Sprout Powder*, Raspberry, Pomegrante*, Blueberry* Mulberry*, Goldenberries, Apple* Gogi Berry, Concord Grape, Grape Seed Extract, Pine Bark Extract, Mangosteen, Hydrilla Verticillata, Strawberry Leaves, Ground Flax (Non-GMO), Bilberry, Rice Bran, Beet Juice Powder, Soy Lecithin (Non-GMO), Acerola Berry, Rose Hips, Aloe Vera Juice, Milk Thistle, Ginger, Camu Powder*, Lucuma Powder,* Maca Powder*, Mesquite Powder*, Probotics, Digestive Enzymes, Natural Resveratol, Omega-3 derived from “Plant Based” LifeDHA(R), Bioperine(R) (Natural Black Pepper), Hemp Powder, Chia Seeds],
- Soy Protein Isolate (Non-GMO),
- CGluten-Free Oats*,
- Agave Syrup,
- Wild Blueberries,
- Freeze Dried Raspberries,
- Along with Inulin, Organic Natural Flavors Sea Salt, Brown Rice Syrup, Peanut Paste