My daughter is getting into the age, when she is starting to appreciate awesome things. And do you know what is awesome? Doll houses!!! Check it out!
This is one of those things I wish I had when I was a child. This is something I would look at and say “Looooovely”, but there is only one thing that stops me – DA PRICE. The good ones, like the one above, is well over $100. Not fun and my budget screams “NOOOO”!
But just before I gave up on my doll house dreams for good, I found this
Tiffany of Diva Locks figure out how to make this awesome doll house for $36. Did you hear me load and clear? 3-6-DOLLARS. It looks I could have my doll house after all (I mean a doll house for my daughter).
Here is how Diva Locks made it happened:
- Bookshelf: $15 Wal Mart
- (2) Tiles (only ended up using one though) : $0.99 each Lowe’s
- Window Sticks (2): $0.99 each Joann’s
- Hardwood Floors (3): free from my mom
- Paint: Free already had
- Crocheted items: Free already had yarn
- Cardboard for headboards: free already had
- Rugs: free samples at Lowe’s
- Disco Ball (not pictured haven’t put it up yet) $0.97 at Joann’s
- Coffee Table: $1.00 Joann’s
- Scrapbook paper: free already had
- Night Stand (2) only one used: $1.00 each
- Fabric (2): $0.99 each at Wal Mart
- Styrofoam for beds: Free already had
- Batting for headboards and pillow stuffing: free already had
- Felt: free already had but
- Spray Paint (paint & primer in one) (2) $4.97 each at Wal Mart
- Mirrors: 4 pack $0.99 at Joann’s
- Moss for plants: $0.99 Dollar Tree
- Foam for potted plants: $0.99 Dollar Tree
I am getting so excited – I wouldn’t mind to live in such house myself. I don’t do crochet, but I can think of alternatives – there are few furniture items I saw at the dollar store and some extra fabric can create perfect covers. I doubt mine will look as pretty, but I will do my best. Thank you, Tiffany.
Want to see some Crazy Doll Houses – check them out!