This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. |
All opinions are mine alone. #PutItOnARitz #CollectiveBias
Our days are going fast. Wake up, stretch and you are late for breakfast, turn around and it is time for lunch, stop to read a magazine and you have hungry kids asking for dinner. That is why we love easy, fast dishes, appetizers, and desserts.
The hero of the day is a big red box of RITZ® crackers and we are making delicious sandwich bites that we will try to hide from the kids (at least until the afternoon snack).
Are you ready to make 2 super quick yet adorable appetizers? Tweet
RITZ® Crackers Appetizer Bites
You will need:
- RITZ® crackers – any variety would do, but we picked RITZ® Everything and RITZ® Hint of Salt for our projects
- 20 Cherry tomatoes
- Chicken nugget – look for the smaller ones that would fit on the cracker
- Lettuce or spinach
- Turkey or chicken deli cut meat
- Cheese, American
- Cheese, Swiss
- 2 small Cookie cutters (two sizes. I found a set of cutters going from big to small and used two smallest ones out of the set)
- Persian cucumber, sliced
- Decorative toothpicks
- Place 20 RITZ® Crackers, flat side up, on the prepared baking sheet
- Use bigger cookie cutter to cut 20 shapes of American cheese, 10 shapes of Spinach (make sure to pick leaves big enough to fit the shape),
- Use smaller cutter to make 10 shapes of Swiss Cheese. Align the cutter around wholes on the cheese for a polished look
To assemble a deli meat RITZ® bite, put the ingredients in the order on top of the cracker:
- Deli meat (make sure to skew it to show off the spinach behind),
- Slice of cucumber,
- American cheese.
Gently insert a decorative toothpick through a cherry tomato, and then through the assembly into the middle hole of the RITZ® Cracker to help hold it together.
To assemble a chicken nugget RITZ® bite, place the nugget on top of the RITZ® cracker, follow with a slice of spinach and American cheese. Gently insert a decorative toothpick through a cherry tomato, and then through all the assembly into the middle hole of the RITZ® Cracker to help hold it together. Add a swiss cheese shape on top.
How is kids friendly this recipe?
Have more fun with your RITZ!
Enter for a chance to win one of forty $100 Walmart e-Gift Cards (10 per week) by uploading an Instagram photo of your RITZ®-topped creation with #putitonaritzcontest.