Thank you, Spot Shot® Instant Carpet Stain Remover for sponsoring and cleaning power.
The dirt on the carpet and cleaning solutions are all mine!
Oh, my goodness, I don’t know about you, but summertime around my house means my house is never as clean as it is the rest of the year. With kids home all day long, who has time to follow them around cleaning after them all day long? Nope, not me. I refuse to spend my entire summer cleaning when I just want to have fun with my family.
Spot Shot® Instant Carpet Stain Remover
Summer Cleaning Tips with Kids at Home
To prevent having to deep clean non-stop, I came up with a cleaning system that is specific for when my kids are home from school. It works for us and keeps me from working too hard on cleanup, which I can appreciate.
If you are looking for a good system that will help you keep on track when your children are home, check this out:
- Spend more time outside. Summertime is perfect for outdoor activities and the more time you spend outside, the less time you have to mess the inside up.
- Have everyone pick up after themselves. This is a simple one, but one that is often glossed over. Make sure everyone knows that they are expected to clean up after themselves. I know that sometimes it seems easier to do it yourself, but it’s not doing anyone any favors, let alone you.
- Keep a spot cleaner on hand. Be sure to keep an excellent spot cleaner on hand for carpets and rugs, because, let’s face it, with kids home and playing all day long you are far more likely to have messes and stains show up on the carpet. I use Spot Shot® Instant Carpet Stain Remover for this because it works hard and makes new and old stains disappear in no time. Spot Shot formulas penetrate deep into carpet fibers where it breaks the physical bond of stain particles and odor molecules from the carpet fibers and pad, allowing them to be blotted-up completely out of your carpet.
- Open your windows during the cooler hours. Keeping your windows open while it is breezy outside than it is inside is a great way to keep the air inside circulated, which does make it feel cleaner, which is vital for a clean home.
- Evening cleanup. Every evening, have the kids pick up their toys and anything else that was gotten out throughout the day. Doing this ensures that you get a fresh start every morning.
- Laundry time! Did I mention that Spot Shot works on laundry stains too? Now that comes in handy during the summer with the kids playing outside all day long!
HOW TO USE SPOT SHOT ON FABRIC:
- Test ALL fabrics for colorfastness and DO NOT use Spot Shot on silks, fabrics marked “dry-clean only,” or non-colorfast fabrics. Spray on obscure area and press firmly with a white paper towel or cloth. Be sure to use the product in a well-ventilated area.
- Confirm that the fabric is colorfast – If any dye appears on the towel or cloth, the fabric is not colorfast.
- Spray stained area thoroughly, saturating stain.
- Wait at least 60 seconds after applying Spot Shot and wash the item in regular detergent, according to fabric manufacturer’s directions. Don’t let the spray dry on fabric!
What is your favorite tip for keeping your home clean during the summertime? I always love hearing other moms’ tips!