I just love Ohio, don’t you? There are so many amazing Things to do in Sandusky, Ohio that you could spend weeks just hanging out and enjoying this area. Whether you are an Ohio native taking a staycation, or you are from out of town and want to see the best that Ohio has to offer, I highly recommend checking out Sandusky and all of the fun that can be had there!
Things to do in Sandusky, Ohio
Below are just some things to do in Sandusky, Ohio that might just make you an Ohio fan for life. This great Midwest state is a perfect destination that has a ton to offer. With the Lake Erie right at Sandusky, it is a perfect place to take in a beach vacation while enjoying tons of other thrills for all ages!
- Great Wolf Lodge – Who am I kidding? Great Wolf Lodge is always fun, no matter what location you visit. The fact that Sandusky has one though, just makes me want to visit even more. Indoor waterpark with great themed rooms is a perfect place for a fun weekend getaway!
- Cedar Point Amusement Park – If you have kids with you, the Cedar Point Amusement Park is another great place to visit in Sandusky. This amusement park features fun rides, an awesome beach and plenty of restaurants and hotels. If you love the thrill of roller coasters, this truly is the ideal amusement park vacation for your family.
- Maui Sands Indoor Water Park – The Maui Sands Indoor Water Park is yet another amazing, family attraction that makes Sandusky a great place to visit. You can hop on the awesome water slide, fast riding tube or hang out on the lazy river.
- Ghostly Manor Thrill Center – For those who like to add a little bit of a scary thrill to their excursions, this one is for you! The Ghostly Manor Thrill Center features what some reviewers have called the scariest haunted house they have ever been in, a roller rink and so much more!
- African Safari Wildlife Park – Have you ever wanted to go on Safari? Now you can do so while staying near Sandusky! While not technically in Sandusky, it isn’t very far away and it is well worth the trip! There are both a drive-through and a walk-through portion of this park and you can expect to see hundreds of exotic animals including zebra, giraffe, alpacas, bison and more.
- Merry Go Round Museum – Do you love merry go rounds? Then you, my friend, need to take yourself and your family to the Merry Go Round Museum! Here you will see historic merry go rounds and carousels and you might even get a chance to see an artist carving carousel horses. This is a great place for anyone who loves historic theme park information, art, and beautiful music.
- Sandusky Speedway Motorsports Park – The Sandusky Speedway Motorsports Park is the perfect place for any motorsports enthusiast! You can watch different racing events, or, if you have always dreamt of riding in a race car, you can even purchase ride along laps. A great place to take the boys for a weekend of fun!
As detailed as this list may be, this really is just scratching the surface of the things to do in Sandusky, Ohio. Beyond the amusement park fun, there are tons of beaches, local museums, foodie hotspots, and more!