Creating a Healthier Version of Yourself in 300 words or less
5 points to embed into your brain today to keep you going through temptations and help you become a healthier person.
There is a troll under my bed
Even at my best, the self-doubt troll is still there. It is sitting in the dark waiting to kick, knock down, and stuff my face with chocolate and candies.
It doesn’t matter how well I do with my weight loss and healthy lifestyle, it always seems like I don’t do well enough. I might be having the best week, but all it takes for me to see my buttocks in the mirror and the momentum is completely ruined and I just want a cookie.
Image credit – I’m a Revolutionary Dreamer
When the troll attacks, we need to learn to
FIND THE TROLL AND FIGHT BACK:
- Is your friend a troll? If your friend makes you feel like crap, it is time to move on. You don’t need more critics – you need more cheerleaders!
- Are you a troll? Nobody is more critical and mean to you as yourself. Nobody else sees your pimples. Next time you want to tell yourself something negative, find something nice to say instead.
- DO NOT keep crap comfort food in the house! You don’t need them! Your kids don’t need them! If your husband needs them, he can buy it and eat them elsewhere.
- Do you remember an Adam Sandler’s character singling “I feel pretty” in the “Anger Management” movie on the bridge. Learn this song and sing it to yourself every morning before leaving home.
- If you are down, getting kicked by self-doubt troll and just want a doughnut, you have my permission to have one IF you can get naked in front of the mirror first.